Top Online Roulette Casinos
One of the many reasons roulette is so popular is because of how easy it is to learn. It is a game that a beginner can walk into and begin playing with confidence within minutes. This game doesn’t have any complicated rules, and while it is simple, it is also exciting to play for any level player.
In the game, there are 36 numbers that correspond to a spot on the roulette wheel. They are split between two colours, usually red and black or black and white. Players simply place their bets and guess where the ball will land before they wheel spins and the ball is dropped.
In this article, we go over all the details and a list of the best online roulette casinos. This specifically will be for players who want to play online roulette Canada.
Best online Roulette casinos
Jackpot City Casino ReviewRead review
Up to $1,600
- Microgaming Casino
- Slot Tournaments
- $10 is the minimum deposit amount, while the maximum withdrawal is six times the deposit amount.
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must make a minimum deposit of $10.
- Six times the amount of your deposit is the most money you may withdraw from this incentive. If you win more, the excess money will be thrown out.
- wagering specifications Bonus of 70x (restrictions apply)
- In order to clear the bonus and be able to withdraw your winnings, you must wager 70 times the value of the bonus. For instance, if you deposit $100 and receive a $100 bonus, you must gamble a total of $7,000 ($100 * 70) before you can request a withdrawal.
- Certain game types contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Slot machines, Keno, scratch cards, roulette, table games, baccarat, craps, and dice all have a 100% payout rate.
- Some game providers’ games contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Other: 100%, 50% NetEnt.
- $8 or 29% of the initial bonus value is the maximum bet (lower value applies)
LeoVegas Casino ReviewRead review
100% up to $1,000 + 200 Free spins
- Mobile Casino
- Instant Play
- VIP Program
- $10 minimum deposit; unlimited maximum withdrawal
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must make a minimum deposit of $10.
- There is no maximum cash out for this offer. However, there can be further restrictions in effect, such as a universal win cap or withdrawal cap that applies to every player in this casino.
- Wagering specifications $25 deposit (restrictions apply)
- To clear the bonus and be able to withdraw your earnings, you must bet 25 times the amount of your deposit.
For instance, if you deposit $100 and receive a $100 bonus, you must bet a total of $2,500 ($100 * 25) before you can request a withdrawal.
- Certain game types contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Slot machines: 100%; roulette; blackjack; video poker; baccarat; craps; and 10% each for roulette and blackjack.
- $5 or 29% of the current bonus value is the maximum bet (lower value applies)
Royal Vegas Casino ReviewRead review
100% Up to $1,200
- Mobile friendly
- Microgaming software
- Live casino
- wagering specifications: 70x (restrictions apply)
- Your account will receive bonus cash in addition to the sum you win from your free spins. To turn that amount into actual money, you must wager it 70 times.
- To convert a free spins win of $10, you would need to wager $700 ($10 * 70).
- Slots at 100%, Keno at 100%, scratch cards at 100%, roulette at 8%, blackjack at 8%, video poker at 8%, and poker at 8% all contribute less to the wagering requirements.
- Some game providers’ games contribute less than others to the wagering requirements: NetEnt 50%, Other 100%.
Play online roulette for real money
There is an option for playing online roulette for free or for real money. Free versions give players the opportunity to get a feel for the game before switching to real money gameplay. They also give the player ample time to learn the rules and practise key strategies before risking any real money.
Of course, there is nothing quite like playing the game for real money. Adding in real money will add a high-stakes aspect and create more excitement. Real money games remove the protective barrier of free gaming and provide players with more opportunities if they are willing to take the risk.
How to Increase Your Win Chances On Online Roulette
Although it’s a game of chance, you can still benefit from roulette tips and potentially increase your odds. Improve your knowledge about online roulette with these top tips:
Most popular types of Roulette games
Roulette was created between the 17th and 18th centuries. Since then, the game has evolved to include several variations that are used in both physical and online casinos. Below, we go through a brief summary of each of the most popular roulette variations that are played today.
In the live version, online casino roulette is played through streaming, and players are able to watch the game play out in real time through their devices. Players are given an on-screen prompt to make their bets, and then they can watch to see where the ball lands. Usually, the casino sets up a private room where live streams can take place.
No Zero Roulette
In this variation, players cannot place wagers on zeros, even though they still appear on the wheel. Otherwise, standard rules apply, and the player must bet on where the ball will land. If the ball lands on a zero slot, then all players lose their wagers.
This version of roulette amps things up. The player will bet on not one wheel combination and ball, but gets the chance to bet on eight wheels that spin at once. The wager has to be the same amount across all eight bets.
This is a modern version you can only find in online live casinos. The wheel is taken from French Roulette. Winnings are lower on straight up bets but between every spin three random numbers get win multipliers that can go as high as 500x.
How to play Online Roulette
How to play in a classic roulette game, players can place a variety of different kinds of wagers — they can wager on a single number, on a group of numbers, on a colour, on odds/evens, etc. The odds of winning are different depending on the kind of wager that is placed.
After bets have been placed, the ball is spun within the wheel while a carousel spins in the opposite direction. Once the ball falls into the spinning carousel, it will land hole into one of the numbers. If it falls into your chosen number that you wagered on, then you win.
Rules of Online Roulette
The rules are fairly straightforward. Players have a limited time to place bets. The rules of the game will vary depending on which version you want to play, so make sure you understand what’s different about the variation you’ve chosen.
Roulette Popular Terms
French Bet: This is when the numbers are marked on the roulette wheel, and the split method is used on bets. This means you can bet on two numbers at once, (33/36, 27/30, 23/24, 13/16, 10/11, and 5/8).
Column-betting: This is when you bet that the ball will land in a number that’s in one of the three columns on the board. It is considered an outside bet.
Croupier: This is the name of the person who spins the wheel and drops the ball. They also oversee all of the wagers being placed.
Marker: This is what the croupier uses to mark the winning number after the ball falls into a slot. New bets are not allowed for that specific box until the marker is removed.
Action: This refers to the total bet the player has placed over a long period of time.
Online Roulette winning tips
While there are no guarantees to win in roulette, there are a couple of things you can do to increase your chances:
- Know the odds. This helps so you know how much you can win on each of the different kinds of wagers that are possible.
- Bankroll management: Make small bets and build up your bankroll as you play, instead of going all out. You don’t want to over-extend yourself when playing with real money.
Roulette Odds and Payouts
You can calculate your chances of winning a bet based on the odds. A straight-up bet in American roulette, for example, has a 37 to 1 chance of hitting one number. House payouts on winning bets, however, are 35 to 1, as are payouts on combination bets. A percentage of all bets is kept by the house as its edge. Payouts are usually displayed as a ratio to your bet, while odds are often displayed as a percentage.
Getting familiar with roulette bet types is recommended before moving on to odds and payouts. It will be particularly helpful to know where your chip should go on the table for different bets.
In roulette, the highest payout ratio is 35:1. If you win with the ball landing on the exact number you wagered on, you will have what is called a straight-up bet. Winnings can be withdrawn but may take a few days to reflect, depending on the casino and what payment method is used.
Most popular online roulette games providers
Microgaming offers the best European and American roulette versions. They offer other variations that players can enjoy as well, and they don’t disappoint when it comes to providing options. This is what makes them such a renowned and popular game provider.
Evolution gaming offers four types: classic roulette, American roulette, European roulette, and French roulette. They ensure easy and smooth gameplay and have built trust with their player base. It has more than earned its place since it was founded in 1996.
These providers are the top two of many reputable providers in the iGaming industry.
Why You Should Consider Playing Roulette Online
Roulette casino bonuses and promotions
One of the advantages of playing roulette at an online casino compared to brick and mortar casinos is that the games are compatible with a wide range of bonuses and promotions. We thoroughly test online casinos according to their bonuses and wagering requirements to ensure you have access to the best offers.
You can play for free or with real money
Online roulette is known for being accessible to any player, whether you prefer playing for free or with real money. The casinos featured allow you to play games for free using the demo play mode so that you can test betting strategies and bankroll management tips. Once you’re ready, feel free to play for real money.
Better payout percentages
Online casinos have a larger player base than land-based casinos. Therefore, casino sites can afford to offer better payout percentages on games like roulette. Our recommended casinos offer fair odds and the most competitive payout percentages so that you can keep more of your hard-earned cash.
Play anywhere you want from your mobile
Mobile casinos let you experience the fun of playing your favorite games on the go. The casinos we recommend feature mobile-focused sites and proprietary casino apps compatible with any device, such as iOS, Android, or Windows phones. All the features are present, including bonuses, deposits, and withdrawals.
Always a free table to play at
Online casinos can help you avoid tedious lines, allowing you to play your favorite roulette games immediately. All you have to do is choose a table and place your bets. Opting for online casinos with a wider variety of roulette games can greatly improve your experience.
Our recommended online casinos offer an outstanding selection of roulette variants, including traditional options like European or American Roulette or modern versions such as Immersive Roulette. You can also find state-of-the-art live roulette games where you can play with players from all over the world.
Roulette Online Guides – How to Play and Much More
How to Play
Reading a guide is the best thing to do if you’re a roulette beginner. Learn about the basic rules and bets of roulette from our how to play guide before you start playing for real money.
Learn how much you can win with every bet you place at the roulette table. Check out the best and worst roulette bets to make and your odds of winning.
Even though there’s no foolproof way to win at roulette, tips can still help you bet smarter. Improve the way you play by reading our roulette tips.
Playing Roulette Online or at Your Local Casino
Why players play online
- There are no waiting lines to play online roulette, which means you can simply choose a table and get started.
- Online roulette games are compatible with a wide variety of offers and promotions, including deposit bonuses and prize pools.
- Unlike brick and mortar casinos, online casinos are open 24 hours, allowing you to join a table at any given time.
Why players play local
- Even though online roulette has come a long way since its introduction, land-based casinos are still known for their exciting atmosphere.
- There’s nothing quite like holding your chips and placing them at the roulette table, something that online roulette games can’t mimic.
- The world is your oyster when it comes to land-based casinos – go out for dinner, watch amazing live shows, or socialize with your buddies.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I play online Roulette for real money?
In order to play online for real money, you will need to deposit money into your casino gaming account. You can do this by using any of the payment options available on your chosen casino site. Then you will simply switch to playing roulette for real money and place your bet when prompted.
Where can I play online Roulette?
You can use any of the online casinos we have provided above; if you are looking for more, always check that the casino is licensed, registered, and has security in place for its player’s data.
Is online roulette rigged?
No, it is not. Online roulette uses a random number generator, and therefore it is not possible to rig online roulette. The outcome is unpredictable, and that is why it is so fun to play.
Can I play online roulette with a live dealer?
Yes, there is an option called live dealer roulette. The casino will stream a dealer and the game in a private room. Players can watch the game unfold through their devices.
Can you win at online roulette?
Of course. While the outcome may be random, there are ways and strategies that improve the odds of winning or, at the very least, minimise the losses.