American Express casinos
American Express is the most popular credit card to use to deposit and withdraw money at online casinos. Many players started using this method to add funds to their casino accounts thanks to its compatibility with PayPal. Learn how to get started with this payment method and find the best American Express casinos.
Top Recommended Amex Casinos 2023
Bitstarz Casino ReviewRead review
100% up to $400 + 180 Free Spins
- Crypto Casino
- Fast Payments
- Progressive Jackpots
- Minimum deposit is $20 and there is no cap on withdrawals.
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must make a minimum deposit of $20.
- wagering specifications Bonus 40x (with limits), Deposit Locked
- In order to clear the bonus and be able to withdraw your winnings, you must wager 40 times the value of the bonus.
- For instance, if you deposit $100 and receive a $100 bonus, you must bet a total of $4,000 ($100 * 40) before you can request a withdrawal.
- Certain game types contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Table games 5%, Live games 5%, Video poker 5%, and Slots 100%.
- The deposit and bonus amounts are locked together. Your deposit and the bonus sum are combined to create a balance of bonus cash that can only be transferred to real money after meeting the wagering requirements.
- a $5 maximum wager
- When using bonus money, you can only place bets of $5 or less. The casino has the right to seize your winnings if you violate this regulation.
Casoola Casino ReviewRead review
100% up to $1,500 + 50 Free Spins
- Game selection
- Progressive jackpots
- live dealer
- $10 minimum deposit; $2,000 maximum cash withdrawal Skrill, PayPal, ecoPayz, Neteller, and PaySafe are not accepted as forms of payment.
- To be eligible for this promotion, you must make a minimum deposit of $10.
- You are only permitted to withdraw up to $2,000 in total from this bonus. If you win more, the excess money will be thrown out.
- You won’t be qualified for this offer or your earnings can be reversed if you make a deposit using Skrill, PayPal, ecoPayz, Neteller, or PaySafe.
- wagering specifications Bonus of 40x (restrictions apply)
- In order to clear the bonus and be able to withdraw your winnings, you must wager 40 times the value of the bonus. For instance, if you deposit $100 and receive a $100 bonus, you must bet a total of $4,000 ($100 * 40) before you can request a withdrawal.
- Certain game types contribute less to the wagering requirements than others: Roulette 5%, Baccarat 0%, and slots 100%.
- $5 or 25% of the comparable deposit is the maximum bet (lower value applies)
Frank & Fred Casino ReviewRead review
100% up to $1,000 + 77 free spins
- Great design
- Top tier software providers
- mobile friendly
- $40 minimum deposit Uncapped cashouts are permitted.
- 30x (bonus + deposit) wagering requirements (restrictions apply)
- Maximum bet: $5
- It should be fairly simple to receive this bonus, and it expires in just 14 days.
- The bonus offer excludes multiple games; it is only valid for new players; Conditions apply;
- use common sense when gambling To receive the additional 77 Free Spins on Fred’s Lucky 777 (with a 35x wagering requirement)
Intro to American Express
Amex, short for American Express, is a banking institution founded in New York in 1850. Today, it’s one of the world’s largest credit card networks, with over 120 million cardholders, most of which are in the U.S.
American Express has always been known for being extremely secure. On top of banking regulations, it also has proprietary safety features designed to protect customers, including high-tech encryption protocols and 2-factor authentication. For this reason, you shouldn’t have issues playing at American Express casinos.
Customers that play on online casinos that accept American Express make deposits within minutes and are able to use this method for withdrawals. The AMEX app, which is available for both Android and iOS allows players to find all their banking information in one easy overview.
Another reason that contributed to Amex’s popularity in online gambling is convenience. Not only is American Express one of the payment methods, it also comes with an app where players can instantly check their balance, update their details, or view their rewards.
Quick look into online american express casinos – Criteria
Testing gambling sites according to several criteria is crucial to ensure players have access to the top American Express casinos. The good news is that we’re sharing our testing parameters so you can easily perform your own research. This will allow you to quickly assess if a casino site is worth joining.
We usually consider four parameters when reviewing an online casino – deposits and withdrawals, safety features, fees and limits, and mobile compatibility. Although there’s a lot more to look at, these are the top criteria you should look for regarding Amex casinos. Here’s what to expect:
Deposits and withdrawals
Deposits and withdrawals have come a long way since the introduction of American Express casinos. Nowadays, players can have access to instant deposits and fast withdrawals. On average, a withdrawal request through this payment method can take up to five days until the funds are credited to your account.
American Express casinos must comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). They also have licences from reputable gambling authorities, which contribute to the safety of players. To receive a licence, casinos must go through extensive financial and fairness audits. You can check if a casino is licensed by checking the site’s footer.
Fees and limits
Amex casinos are often similar regarding the minimum deposit and withdrawal amounts. Most casinos have a minimum deposit of $10 and a minimum withdrawal between $10 and $20. However, American Express withdrawals are processed through PayPal, which may have fees.
Most online casinos are mobile-focused, and American Express casinos aren’t an exception. Casinos are typically available on mobile devices via three ways – mobile-friendly websites, Android apps, or iOS apps. A good mobile casino will have fast loading times and a wide variety of mobile-compatible games.
Advantages and disadvantages of Amex Casinos
American Express casinos come with several advantages, which is why they’re so popular among players. They offer fast and safe transactions that are fully encrypted, preventing anyone from accessing your hard-earned funds. They’re also highly convenient, allowing you to set up a deposit or PayPal within minutes so that you can get started immediately. Plus, Amex casinos usually have the highest limits you can find, making this method popular among high-rollers.
However, there are also disadvantages. One of the main ones is that it’s available only through PayPal. You’ll have to set up an account with this e-wallet service.
• Quick and safe transactions
American Express is thoroughly regulated by government agencies, which helps prevent credit card fraud. For this reason, you shouldn’t have issues adding funds to your account or requesting a withdrawal from Amex casinos. In addition, deposits made using this method are instant, while withdrawals are processed within 24 hours.
• Easy deposit method
Using American Express is as easy as it gets. It only takes a couple of minutes to create a PayPal account and add your Amex card to it. Then, all you need to do is log into your casino account and select PayPal as the deposit or withdrawal method.
• Large limits for transactions
Using Paypal to pay via Amex is a great way to increase your transaction limits. E-wallets are known for their outstanding limits for deposits and withdrawals, making them highly popular among high-rollers or players that hit the jackpot. Most of the time, you’ll find casinos with a limit of $60,000.
• Most casinos accept Amex
You shouldn’t have issues using American Express to play at an online casino, since it’s connected to your PayPal wallet. Most online casinos in the country accept PayPal for deposits and withdrawals, making it the number one choice among players. However, we always recommend checking if the casino accepts PayPal before getting started.
• It’s only available through PayPal
American Express is only available through PayPal, which adds a few steps to the deposit and withdrawal processes. You’ll have to sign up for an account and add a card before you can get started using this payment method. Luckily, doing so is incredibly easy.
• Withdrawals have to go through PayPal
Although some cards are compatible with Credit Fund Transfer, you won’t be able to use this feature to withdraw from an Amex casino, since the card is connected to your PayPal wallet. For this reason, requesting a payout through PayPal can have additional fees.
How to make a deposit or withdraw at an Amex casino
Even though it’s easy to use, getting started with Amex online casinos isn’t as straightforward as it may seem, as there are a few additional steps you must take. Luckily, you’ll be able to join and play using your American Express card by connecting it to an e-wallet such as PayPal. Refer to our guide below to learn how to do this:
Register at PayPal and add funds to your account
Visit PayPal’s site and create a new account. After verifying your account, you’ll be able to add your Amex card and set it as the default method. Then, all you have to do is add funds to your account via American Express and you’re good to go.
Create an account at a licensed Amex casino
You can check if a casino is licensed by visiting the gambling commission’s website and looking through the registry. Alternatively, you can count on us to find the best casinos, as we only recommend reputable and licensed casinos. You’ll have to verify your identity after signing up.
Visit the cashier page and make a deposit
After signing into your account, head to the cashier section to make a deposit. Look through the options available and choose “PayPal.” Then, log into your PayPal account and select the balance that you previously added via American Express. After you’re done, click “Confirm” to validate your deposit.
Withdraw your winnings
Withdrawing is as easy as making a deposit. To do so, visit the cashier page and press “Withdrawal.” Choose PayPal from the options presented and enter your details. After confirming, your funds will be available in your PayPal account. From there, you can either keep them there or transfer them back to your Amex card.
Alternatives to American Express casinos
American Express casinos are a good choice for players, offering convenient, fast and safe deposits and withdrawals. However, if you’re looking for alternatives, you’re in the right place.
One of the most commonly used options is Visa. This debit card supports instant deposits, while withdrawals can take up to five days. Visa also includes 2-factor authentication and other fraud prevention tools.
Alternatively, you can use PayPal and connect it with other cards or bank accounts besides American Express. You’ll still be able to benefit from instant deposits and fast withdrawals, even if you’re not using Amex. PayPal also benefits from strong encryption protocols and 2-factor authentication.